2. What types of information does Valens collect?
Valens collects three main types of data regarding the customers, distributors, visitors, users and end-users of Valens’s Products and/or Website, as well as that of any end-users of our customers’ systems utilizing Valens’s (to extent that you are any of such individuals, “you”):
- Data received from you: such Personal Data includes any data or information you may provide which is identifiable to you (either in itself or due to the manner in which it was provided or the Data with which it was provided or generated), such as your name, company and position, contact details (such as business e-mails, phones and addresses), account login details (such as usernames and hashed passwords), as well as any free-form text you might choose to provide us through, including but not limited to the following channels:
- Contact Us/Feedback. If you email us at email@example.com, we may ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via email or via other features of the Site we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our response to you.
- Questionnaires and Surveys. We may occasionally ask users of our Site to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us better serve you and improve the usefulness of the Site. In requesting your participation in these surveys we may ask you to provide your name and email address.
- User Content. Our Site offers its users the opportunity to share Content – for instance, on bulletin boards and blogs and in chat rooms. You acknowledge that if you choose to use these features, you should be aware that any Information you submit through these features can be read, collected, or used by other viewers of these forums and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Data collected or generated about you: such Personal Data includes data and information concerning your usage of Valens’ Products and and/or “Website” and, or statistics regarding your usage of Valens’ customers’ systems (where such Data is collected using Valens’ website). Such Data, as detailed below, could include IP addresses, device, system and software details, cookies and similar tracking data, click-stream and usage logs, and similar data and information concerning log-in attempts, usage and use preferences regarding any of Valens’s Websites.
You are not legally required to provide us with such Personal Data, or to have such Personal Data collected about you, but in some cases the lack of certain Personal Data may prevent us from providing access to our Website and/or Products including support to our Products or any parts or features thereof.
3. How do we use your Personal Data?
We collect and use Personal Data for the following purposes and uses, in accordance with Valens’s legitimate business purposes only, the interests and/or as necessary for the performance of our contracts and agreements, fulfilling our legal obligations, or negotiation, including but not limited:
- To provide you with information that you had requested or which we think may be relevant to a subject in which you have demonstrated an interest;
- To initiate and complete commercial transactions with you, or the entity that you represent, for the purpose of products and/or services;
- To fulfill a contract that we had entered into with you or with the entity that you represent;
- To ensure the security and safe operation of our Website and underlying business infrastructure, and
- To manage any communication between you and us;
- To verify the identity and access privileges of our customers and their end users;
- To further develop, customize and improve our Products, and to provide you with any such enhanced Products, as we put together and analyze all data available to us to maximize their relevance, effectiveness and quality;
- To improve your user experience, e.g. by remembering data so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or next visit to the Website;
- To provide our customers and their users with customer assistance and technical support, including but not limited to the opening of a ‘customer service case’, or ‘certification request’ and to diagnose or fix technical problems reported by our users or engineers;
- To monitor and improve the effectiveness of our Website, and of our marketing efforts;
- To be able to contact our visitors and users with general and personalized service-related notices, surveys and promotional messages;
- To monitor aggregate metrics and create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Data, including anonymized and/or pseudonymized Personal Data, which we, our customers, users or business partners may use and disclose at our discretion;
- To manage and assess risk, enhance our and our customers’ data security and fraud prevention capabilities, and help protect against error, fraud or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- To act as permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements;
- With respect to Personal Data of our customers’ end-users, to act as instructed by the respective customer acting in its capacity of “Data Controller”, whereas we act in our capacity as “Data Processor” (as both such terms are commonly interpreted under EU data protection and privacy laws); and
- To conduct any additional activities that may require the use of your Personal Data, for which we will request your specific approval in advance.
4. Where do we store your Personal Data?
Valens is headquartered in Hod Hasharon, Israel, with additional offices in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Valens is committed to subjecting all Personal Data received from European Union (EU) member countries under the general Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GDPR regulations to which Valens is committed to comply with can be found at: https://www.eugdpr.org/
Valens is responsible for the processing of Personal Data it receives, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Valens complies with GDPR Principles for all onward transfers of Personal Data from the EU.
5. Who do we share your Personal Data with?
Sharing Personal Data with your organization or other users in your organization: We may share a user’s or end-user’s Personal Data with their affiliated organization, or the organization to which systems (powered by Valens’s Solutions) they attempted to access.
Third Party Services: Valens has partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions compliment, facilitate and enhance our own. These may include hosting and server co-location services, data analytics services, data and cyber security services, banks, payment processors and correspondents, fraud detection and prevention services, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session recording, remote access services, and our business, legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Services”). Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to your Personal Data, depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Websites, Products and business, and may only use it for such purposes. Such disclosure or access is normally subject to the recipient’s undertaking of confidentiality obligations, and the prevention of any independent right to use this information by the recipients, except as required to help us provide our Products. Valens remains responsible and liable for any Personal Data processing done by Third Party Services on its behalf, except for events outside of its reasonable control.
Governmental/Law Enforcement Agencies and Legal Requests or Duties: We may disclose or otherwise allow access to your Personal Data pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, with or without notice to you, if we have a good faith belief that we are legally required to do so, or that disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity, fraud, or other wrongdoing. In certain situations, Valens may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
6. Our Cookies Policy and other tracking technologies
In order to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the “Help” area on your internet browser for further instructions, or look for optional third party add-ons offering cookie management assistance. For example, you can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the Website you visit. Click “Help” in the toolbar of your browser for instructions. Please note however that deleting any of Valens’s cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Websites, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience. Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
- IP Address. Our servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address when you visit us. When you request pages from our Site, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that links you to us (e.g., another Site or a search engine); the pages you visit on our Site; the Site you visit after this Site; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral Site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers (“Site Usage Information”). We use this information for internal system administration, such as help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Site. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and internet site provider. We may also link this information with Your Information. Any or all of these activities with regard to the above-described Site Usage Information may be performed on our behalf by our third-party Site providers.
- Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter Plugins. The Site integrates plugins of the social networks Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Users can recognize on our Site pages Facebook-plugins by the Facebook-Logo or the addition “Facebook Social Plugin” or the “Like-Button” (“Like”), LinkedIn plugins such as “Share on LinkedIn” or “Apply with LinkedIn” and similarly the Twitter plugins. When users visit the Site pages, these plugin establishes a connection between a user’s browser/smartphone and the applicable social network server. Thereby Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter may gain information on the fact that a user with a certain IP-address has visited the Site. If a user interacts with these plugins, e. g. by clicking on the Facebook “Like-Button” or entering a comment to Twitter, while being logged in to such user’s Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter Account, a user links the contents of the Site pages to his social network profile. Thereby Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter can correlate a user’s visit of the Site page with such user’s account. Valens does not have any knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its usage by Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. Users are advised to consult with such company’s respective privacy policies.
- Google Analytics. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, text files that are saved on your computer and allow your use of the Site to be analyzed. The information about your visit collected by the cookie (including your IP address) is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If the Site has activated IP anonymization, Google first abbreviates your IP address within your state. The full IP address will only be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. Google will use the information collected on behalf of the Site operator to evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports about your activities within the Site, and to provide further services related to use of the Site and Internet use. Google will under no circumstances associate the IP address transmitted by your browser within the operations of Google Analytics with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of the cookies by entering the corresponding settings in your browser software. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use the complete range of functions of the Site to their full extent receive information about your visits and interaction with services provided by others.
7. Safeguarding your Personal Data
Valens has implemented security measures designed to protect your Personal Data held with us, including physical, procedural and electronic measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to our Websites; we use industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connections to protect the transmission of information that we believe in good faith to be of a sensitive nature; we use encryption tools to protect such sensitive information stored with us; we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and seek new ways and tools for further enhancing the security of our Websites and the integrity of the Personal Data that we hold.
Please note however, that regardless of the measures we take and the efforts we make, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of any Personal Data stored with us and/or with any third parties as described in Section 5 above. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise information security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when using the Websites and when communicating with us, and your use of the Websites is at your own risk. We strongly encourage you to set strong passwords for your account(s), avoid using the “save password” feature in your browser, and protect your account against unwanted access on your end (for example, do not share your login credentials with others, or allow them free access to your logged-in device). If you have any questions regarding the security of our Services, please feel free to contact us at info@Valens.com.
8. Communications and your rights
Service Messages: Valens may contact you with important information regarding our Websites. For example, we may notify you (through any of the means available to us) of changes or updates to our services, payment issues, service maintenance, etc. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such service messages. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your existing relationship, activities, business with us.
Promotional Messages: In addition to communications that are an inherent part of our Website, occasionally we may also use your contact information to contact and notify you about important changes to the Website, updates, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable. We may contact you through e-mail, the Website, or any other contact information (such as your mobile phone number) you have provided us on the website or at meetings or conferences.
By providing Valens with your e-mail address or any other contact information (e.g., when you register to a webinar, event, to schedule a demo or otherwise), you expressly agree to receive promotional content, messages or calls from Valens or our partners (acting on our behalf) through such means. Accordingly, we shall be entitled to call you or send you promotional content or messages by e-mail, SMS, direct text messages, marketing calls and similar forms of communication.
If you wish to exercise your right to access and/or request us to make corrections to your Personal Data that you have stored with us (either yours or your organization’s end-users), or to delete it, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with applicable laws.
If you wish not to receive such promotional messages, you may notify Valens at any time by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us through the contact form at https://www.valens.com/. You may also unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of every one of our emails, or through the Privacy Center.
9. How long may Valens keep Personal Data?
We may retain your organization’s (including its users’ and end-users’) Personal Data for as long as such organization’s account with us is active or as otherwise needed to provide or Websites to your organization. We may retain such Personal Data even after the organization or a particular user deactivates their account or cease to use our Websites, as may be requested by their organization, and possibly longer as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding any of our customers, users or their end-users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
11. Official English Version
12. Valens’s Data Protection Officer
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy team, you may escalate concerns to the applicable data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
13. How to Contact Us
Effective Date: May 15, 2018